Insomnia After Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia After Covid

How do you feel the Event will have to be ran cuz of the Covid stuff. Ik there not "mandatory" but they most likely will put stuff in place

We would need to think about safety. definitely hand sanitiser stations. masks possibly, depending on event length there may also be a need for lateral flow tests or covid passport depending on gov guidance.

It's a fine balancing act between safety and making sure the community can have a great experience.

Comment

A lack of safety procedures and transparency with regard to ventilation and airflow, mask usage and rule enforcement also impacts more vulnerable members of the community, or those who have caring responsibilities or live with someone who is vulnerable.

Just sticking to the bare minimum of gov't guidance because it "impacts fun" to be safe will exclude a lot of people, or impact their ability to enjoy the event.
      iSeries: i40 was my first, been to lots since

Comment

Originally posted by Artuim View Post
        A lack of safety procedures and transparency with regard to ventilation and airflow, mask usage and rule enforcement also impacts more vulnerable members of the community, or those who have caring responsibilities or live with someone who is vulnerable.

Just sticking to the bare minimum of gov't guidance because it "impacts fun" to be safe will exclude a lot of people, or impact their ability to enjoy the event.
        Indeed, like I said it's a balancing act, we need to make sure people are safe but we also need to make sure the event can go ahead or else there may not be one again. Businesses have been massively effected, like everyone. As things start to open up again it will be down to the individual to make a judgement call on whether they feel safe enough to attend an event with a certain level of precautions, at the end of the day it not only down to the organisers to keep individuals safe.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoSnipe View Post
          As things start to open up again it will be down to the individual to make a judgement call on whether they feel safe enough to attend an event with a certain level of precautions, at the end of the day it not only down to the organisers to keep individuals safe.
          So much this. Personal responsibility is a thing, and people should not expect to be babied through everything. The company has its own responsibilities to do what it reasonably can, but the key word there is "reasonably", I.E. they should not be expected to provide personal Zorbs to each attendee to keep them secure from other attendees. Spacing, sanitation stations, and safety of event-provided facilities are on the event, but hand washing, mask wearing (whether mandated or not), and general consideration of others is down to the individual - I.E. they are personally responsible.

And to that extent I am entirely okay with yeeting inconsiderate dickheads out of the event on a zero tolerance basis.
          iPunter: i46, once, by mistake.
          iStaff: Some, don't ask.
          StratLAN: Yes.
          Former Multiplay Staff

Comment

Working...
          X